Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Me.

So, I am at 30 pounds of lost weight. 30 pounds in about 30 days. Not bad. Scott says he sees a world of difference. I don't see it yet. I do feel like my face has become thinner. But as I lose weight, as Scott pointed out, it's not just around my middle, or any specific place. It's everywhere. I think that's why it's hard for me to see. But I was talking (okay, okay. . .I was texting) a friend this morning and she pointed out that it's about being thankful for the body you have and accepting yourself, flaws and all. Losing weight isn't gonna turn me into a super model. I have to accept that. Spider veins aren't going to magically disappear. (Dang it.) But I am thankful for the ability to climb hills now without feeling like I'm gonna pass out. I can walk an hour at a pretty good pace and not be breathing like I'm about to die. I am getting healthier and that's what the surgery was all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment