Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Monday, April 1, 2013

He is Risen Indeed!

So, I have so much to share but I am going to work from most current, then backwards. So after this post, be sure to read the following posts!
 Easter was awesome this year! High of 71 degrees, clear skies. . . we took full advantage of the beautiful day! Scott and I got up a little earlier than the kids and hid baskets and eggs. 


 Me and my hunny. I thank God for him everyday. 
 Dominic quickly got down to work and started finding eggs. . . 
 . . . Nina warmed up eventually. In fact, for the first time ever, she found more eggs than Dominic! I have a sneaky suspicion that this will be the last Easter she will want to find eggs. :( My kids are growing up so fast.
 Angel got in on the action and found her own egg. She enjoyed it, shell and all. 
 I got Nina to stay still and let me take a picture. But I had to trade her a clue of where an egg was to get the picture! I told her the egg was "somewhere green", lol. I thought that would be generalized, but noooo! She knew exactly where to go. . . the John Deere.
 Dominic breaking into his Easter basket. I felt really bad. . . I was able to get only a few things before we had left town and so they basically had a bunch of candy (and I forgot the jelly beans) and two small gifts. I like doing extravagant baskets and this year's was not up to par. But the kids didn't complain about it; they just enjoyed what they had. 
 Nina is always surrounded by animals. They love her!
 I caught Orion sunbathing. He even has a smile on his face!

 They all zonked out for their mid-morning naps!
Well, we didn't have a traditional Easter dinner. I originally thought I would make that, but the weather was so gorgeous and the bbq was screaming, "Use me!" So we went and got steaks. I even surprised the kids and Scott with store-bought chocolate milk! (It's so rich and decadent.)

This weekend was just so perfect. I have been using a DBT skill the last few days of being in the "here and now". When I just stop the mind from dwelling over past and future and enjoy here and now, I find everything to be so satisfying. I can't wait til summer to enjoy more days like today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment