Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NINA!

 So Nina's 14th birthday is today, but we celebrated a lot yesterday. I took Nina and her best bud, Ellie, to the movies (we saw The Croods--it was a great movie), then the girls got pedicures (Ellie's first time and just for the record, her feet are ticklish!), then we went out to eat dinner at Red Robin. 
 They tried to relax, but they're teens. All they know is "high alert" mode, lol. 
 Nina's purdy feet. . . 
 . . . and Ellie's purdy feet!
 I made them pose again at Red Robin. It's like nailing down a butterfly (not that I would ever do that) to get these girls to take a picture without making faces! I even had to beg. Aren't they beautiful??
We came home to this sitting on our kitchen table. We wondered who left this behind? I had my guess tho and I was right. . . it was Nathaniel, Nina's b-o-y-f-r-i-e-n-d. I wonder, how long did it take him to cut out the letters? It HAD to be time consuming. 

My Nina was born on my favorite numbers: at 7:55 a.m. on April 7th, 1999. We were so thankful to have her, especially when doctor's said that I'd never be able to have my own children. She represented a lot of patience, time, tears, and medical work. And she, most importantly, reflects the love of me and Scott. Nina is a product of something strong, faithful, and enduring. And her personality mirrors those same words. I am very proud to call her my daughter. I don't tell her that often enough. She has grown to be a wonderful young lady and the coming years (little does she know) will be a test of everything she has learned from us. Scott and I want to be there by her side as she experiences life. We want to support her in her dreams, guide her in her trials, and just cover her in our love. 

Life wouldn't be complete without you, Nina. We love you. Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment