Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

This and That.

I will be milking Frankie, starting this weekend. I wanted to purchase a contraption called the Henry Milker, but it is expensive--$160! So Scott got to thinking and musing and he made me a Henry Milker! And he did it for about $50! I love that man. . . 
 Road Runner got broody and sat on about twelve eggs. Of the 12, four hatched. We don't necessarily want anymore americuana's because they lay green and blue eggs. Scott sells eggs at work and nobody will buy the blue and green eggs because the dang city slickers actually think that the egg will be blue or green!
 Dominic is goalie for Fury, the U12 boy's soccer. He loves it and is not afraid to take a ball to the face.
 I woke up to Frankie's face being swollen yesterday. Rushed her to the vet. Her salivary gland abscess is back. . . or never went away. She's on antibiotics and I'm draining it with hydrogen peroxide each day. Doc says it'll be a long tough battle to get it fully drained. Yay.
 Alice loves peeling paper with her teeth. And eating it. Capella wanted to join in. . . 
 Caught Hercules in the chicken coop again. We hang the feeder up everyday so the goats won't get into it, but Hercules hangs out in there thinking some will magically fall to the floor. He's such a piggie.
Capella and Orion playing on the lids of the bins that hold chicken grain and alfalfa pellets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment