Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Tattoo's, Pee & Healing.

We took the {goat} kids to Left Foot Farm today so Melinda and Jeremy could show me how to tattoo them. Since we have purebreds that will be registered with the American Dairy Goat Association, they have to be tatooed in their ears. Both ears. I tattooed all five of the kids and I wanna just say it was not fun. They cried. A lot. And it hurt me to see them hurt. Poor little things. They didn't even see it coming.

I have also decreased the feedings today from four times a day to three. So now they eat at 7 a.m., 1p.m., and 7p.m. I made the change because they hardly touch their morning bottle, so I wanted to stretch their night bottle's so that the next morning they will eat a full bottle.

Also, I HAVE to tell you this hilarious--true--story. Today, when Scott was holding down Orion as we tattooed him, Scott says, "Oh man!" We all look down to see what he's fussing about: Orion peed right in Scott's crotch so it looked like Scott peed himself! It was soooooo funny and then Melinda tops it off by walking away so she could go get all the farmhands so they could see! (Be sure to let Scott know you know this eventful moment!)

Today was physically hard because I did the tattoo-ing and I did a lot of bending down and stretching over. I went the entire day without pain meds, too. I don't even bother with the Tylenol because it doesn't help at all and it just ends up upsetting my tummy.

Speaking of tummy. . . my gosh, have I got a gurgle-y tummy! I drink, it gurgles. I eat, it gurgles. I sit, it gurgles. That thing is always talking to me now! And it makes me burp a lot! And I can't hold them in, or it hurts! It's funny now, but when I want to be polite somewhere, I'm just gonna end up embarrassing myself! Hopefully, it's just part of the healing process and it'll pass. Something to ask the doc on Monday at my post-op appointment.


No comments:

Post a Comment