Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Skinny dreams.

I went yesterday to the pre-op appointment for my bariatric surgery on Friday the 8th. I was at the hospital for 4 hours! It was craziness, I tell you! I went to General Surgery first, to talk with the doc. He said, right away, liquids from here on out! My jaw bout dropped to the floor. So much for my Farewell to Junk Food Party. It wouldn't be so bad if I had some Isopure. It's a protein water--40 grams of protein to a 20 oz bottle. But the commissary is completely out and the water is on back order. So I have to look for it in the civilian world. Poo. That water is great for hunger issues because of the protein content.

So after the doc talk, I headed to anesthesiology for blood draws and surgery prep. They took ten tubes of blood from me. The nurse was like, here have some water. I drank it and she said, here, have some more. Lol!

I found out I am the third case of the day, so I won't be showing up til like around noon the day of. I find out for sure on Thursday. I will stay in the hospital til Sunday afternoon/evening. Then I get to be loopy at home for the next week or so. Scott will be taking off from work til the following Monday.

I am not so anxious for the surgery as I am for other things. I am more worried if my goats will get fed on time. Or people answering the craigslist ads for the goats (they are for sale now) and us not being available. Or the goats getting sick while I am recovering and what if I don't catch it? Or the goats getting their weekly wormer. I guess I am worried about goats, lol. I know that sounds obsessive, but I have a lot of time and heart invested in these four-legged creatures.

At night I fall asleep doing the math on how much weight I'll lose by certain dates. The doc says by the end of March, I should shed 25lbs. I like the sounds of that. It's not going to be easy tho. Liquid diet until the end of March, or even beyond? That'll be tough. Then the issue of no more of the things I love. . . not even in moderation. When I went to the support group we were required to attend, I listened to people talk about the process. One lady said that she was accused for taking "the easy way out" by having the bariatric surgery. She was irate because nobody, unless personally experiencing it, gets what goes into the process. It requires a lot of self-discipline. My goals are set, now it's just time to accomplish them!

No comments:

Post a Comment