Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Discouragement.

I can drink liquids and take my pills now! Yay!

I didn't realize how hard this was going to be. All the testimonials I had heard from the support group I went to never once mentioned the emotional aspect of bariatric surgery. Or how much support you need from loved ones.Maybe it's just me and I'm a big baby? I need friends more than ever right now. I keep turning to find one and there is no one there.

But I was pleasantly surprised yesterday. It was at the end of the day. I had just finished crying (told ya I'm a big baby) and was wallowing in self pity, I guess. And I got a text from someone who spoke very encouraging words. It was like a sun break on a stormy day. It was just what I needed. You know who you are. Thank you!

Today will be challenging because I am by myself all day. Scott went to a field trip with Nina. I even have to feed the goats at noon. Physically, I still hurt a lot. The incision made to pull my stomach out hurts the most. So it'll be interesting to feed the goats alone. I can't let them climb on me. And I can't hold them while I feed them.

I'm just ready to move forward on so many levels in so many ways. I can't dwell on what was and yet I am stuck in this kind of limbo stage before moving forward. Very discouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment