Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Star and Arabella are doing really well. Arabella's poopies seem to be back to normal and they are both lively, energetic doelings. So all is well that ends well with coccidiosis. Lol.

What I am really enjoying are the night feedings. That's when Scott comes out with me and we decompress the day while watching the doelings scarf down their meals. Then we let the girls climb all over us (up our backs) and we talk about their futures. . .you'd think we just had a human baby!

The weather has been hit and miss, but on the nicer days, or moments, I go out and walk the yard with the girls so they can learn to forage. Melissa had told me that if you don't teach them to forage then they learn to wait on being fed--for food to be brought to them, instead of them looking for food. So we are working on that. They are great little foragers (is that a word?) and love to eat the roots/dirt of the grass clumps we threw in from digging up the garden. (Lol, I said "we" like I did any of the work. . . I should say Joe and Scott!) I read that they will eat a little dirt and that it's good for them because it builds up the immune system to bacteria. Since I have seen them eating dirt, I will just believe what I read and hope for the best, lol!

On the bigger picture, our little red house has been sheltering more than just the immediate family of four. . . my brother Joe has been staying with us for over two weeks now and this last Sunday, my sister Ayla and brother-in-law Jake are here for Spring break. So it's been a busy homestead. Scott will be taking off from work to spend some time with the family tomorrow, Thursday and Friday. We hope to go to Seattle, Whidbye Island, and some other places. We'll see; the weather has turned rainy and will be raining the remainder of their stay. All three guests will be leaving this Saturday, on Nina's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment