Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Feeding Time!


So feeding time is a fun time. . . the girls are such opposites when feeding. Star (the chocolate brown doeling) is a gentle eater, taking her time and eating A LOT, whereas, Arabella is a super-fast eater that sucks down her food quicker than you can say, "Are you finished?" and she's hard on the bottle/nipple. She yanks it around, pulls at it, pushes it. . . I was telling Scott that thank God she's not feeding from a real momma cause the momma would have some sore teats! I talk to my doelings while they eat. Oddly enough, Star is like a human baby and likes to make eye contact while she eats. Both my girls love to be talked to. They really thrive on positive reinforcement. One would think that's weird when they are "just animals". Goes to show, that a kind word goes a long ways on any living creature!
On the top picture, do you see the line down the backs of the doelings? That's actually hair that has risen up (like a cat) because they are excited about feeding. Arabella's gets really excited I guess because a lot of of her hair stands up, and high at that! Star is more laid-back so her hair isn't as pronounced. (She knows her food isn't going anywhere, unlike Arabella who thinks her food is going to instantly disappear, thus she must drink it fast before it does!) Regardless, I thought it was pretty cool. . . another way that one can see that animals, in their own way, have emotions, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment