Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hello!


The girls say "Hello!" They have been rascally girls this last week or so. . . few days ago, I caught Star in the chicken coop, eating the chicken feed. This morning, I caught Arabella this time, butt hanging out of the chicken coop, while
she went to town on the chicken feed! As cute as they were, I couldn't let them eat the chicken feed because they'll get bloat and I'll end up with two dead baby girl goats. So I marched myself out to the chicken coop, pulled down the chicken's hanging feeder and marched the feeder back to the garage--where goats can't get to it! This was much to Star's dismay because she was pushing at
my legs to get to the chicken feeder and bleating at me to stop taking it away! If I saw what I saw correctly, I do believe I witnessed a goat's temper-tantrum!
Likewise, I finally put an end to the girl's sleeping in the hay feeder. Scott and I threw together a keyhole feeder with three holes in it. In that goes the alfalfa. Well, my girls think that on top of the alfalfa goes their sleepy bodies at night! It was really cute and I allowed it for awhile, but honestly, alfalfa is expensive and they were not eating what they slept on, so. . . I scooted the alfalfa to the left side of the feeder so it is available out on "keyhole" and in the remainder of the box, I stuffed two pails and an unused feeding trough; they can't climb thru! Now my only problem is getting the chickens to stop laying eggs on the alfalfa side, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment