Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Oh forget it.

I am so mad at my computer right now. I'm trying to upload pictures for you so you can see Scott's vacation look while he was off from work for nine days. . . then his after look when he got ready to go back to work. (He looked like Wolverine in the Xmen movies, lol!) But noooooo, my computer is having an "issue". It's as tempermental as my teenager!

Meanwhile, I prepare heart, body, and mind for Scott's eleven day departure while he's working in Cali again. Every month now since October he's been doing this thing called work. In places other than here. What's up with that? It's driving me crazy! Well, although I do miss him terribly, I cannot complain: he's not deployed. I guess I should count that blessing more often. I tend to wallow in self-pity. "Oh, what a world, what a wretch-ed world" (you know, from Wizard of Oz. . . the wicked witch. . . ? No?) Actually, it's not that bad this time; I have more optimism than usual! I am just a bit weary of the passes he'll go through because of snow. Grants Pass is first as he heads into Cali and then there's another pass as he heads into Paris Valley. Please pray for his safety. Thankfully, he's the one driving the truck and trailer; I know he's a good driver. I just don't trust other drivers.

Also to mention, Frankie--the she-goat--is doing really well with her pregnancy thus far. I'm on pins and needles tho, expecting drama at any given moment. She's got three weeks left and I am a wreck now??? What will I be like when she's giving birth? I think I am just nervous because it's my first time and on New Year's Eve, when we went to Left Foot Farm, I was informed she had a difficult kidding experience her first freshening. I guess baby was just a smidgeon big. So this time, I am not feeding grain to Frankie the last two weeks like one might normally; this is an effort to keep the baby at a decent size. Maybe I'll feed her a handful of grain each day, as a treat. . . it's hard to not feed grain to these adorable creatures; you just wanna love them and feed them and pet them and kiss them. . . at least I do!

Anyhow. I leave all this to God or I won't get any sleep tonight. I am a Worry Wart without Him. Night!

1 comment:

  1. Ok..I think I finally figured out how to leave a comment here! Thanks for the lovely Christmas card. I would love to see you sometime soon..I don't think I have a current phone number, so let me know the best way to.reach you!

    ReplyDelete