Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Almost there. . .

Went out to the barn this mornin' to find Frankie actin' peculiar. She's pawing at the ground and definitely uncomfortable. I wouldn't say restless, but uncomfortable. I'm lookin' for restless. Her discharge has stopped, BUT her back end is softening up and lookin' like it is preparing for kidding. I've been staring at her so long and so often I can't tell if the baby (or babies) have dropped and her udder filling up. I swear it looks different, but I might be "willing" that, lol. I checked her ligaments (kinda where the tailbone meets the hip bone, sorta) and she's still attached/tight. So that means no babies right this second. But that can change quickly, so I don't depend on that for a time frame. I'm so excited. I keep reading and rereading all the kidding information I can get my hands on. She's close. I talked to Melinda, from Left Foot Farm and she was bred the first go round on Septmeber 1st, so that would put her at her 147th day today. Average gestation is 150 days. Maybe this weekend??? As you can see in the picture, she hasn't lost her appetite, lol! (That would be a labor sign, too, if she was off feed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment