Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Unconditional love.

I have so many goat pictures I want to share, but my computer has not worked for several days. In fact, I am typing this up via my new phone.
I gotta say, I love my goats. Everybody who knows me knows this. I'm crazy about them. When I was doing the noon feeding today, it dawned on me why I love my goats. In a world full of conditions and judgement, I find escape and peace in these animals. For a few moments, I am completely loved for just being there. I am not judged by my appearance, or for how I think, or for the decisions I make. I am accepted as I am. I am completely trusted.
In the human world, it's not that perfect. I get judged and loved conditionally. Trust is earned and nothing is without a price. It's a cruel world. But I have realized that I dish out just as much as I receive. I have done my fair share of judging and putting conditions on those around me. In fact, I dare say (ahem), I am the queen of high expectations. I guess this behavior comes with being a sinner by nature? My own selfishness and agenda is my demise.
I can't take back what wrong I have caused those around me. I can't even promise to make it better. I can only learn and hope that in the future I think before I judge or put expectations too high. To those affected by me: please be patient. I'm just as human as you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment