Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Our End-of-summer Camp Trip 2012

So we went camping to Cape Disappointment last week, Tuesday-Friday. Shannon (my cousin) house-sat for the four days. I have to admit, I was worried about the animals the entire time, mainly--of course--the goats. But all was well and my worrying was for nothing, thank God.
At Cape Disappointment, pretty much located where the mouth of the Columbia meets the Pacific ocean, we were able to enjoy the cliffs, the evergreens, and the beach. Last year we visited both lighthouses, hiked, and biked, but this year we mainly just hung out and did absolutely nothing but chillax and eat. It felt good. At the beach, the kids built forts out of the driftwood, then hung out in their cool shady spots, under their fort. Dman's fort consisted of many twists and turns; Nina's was open concept. They were both excellent designs. I think I may have future architects!

At first the weather was blustery and chilly, but as the hours passed, the wind died down, the sun peaked through, and the temperatures rose. By time we left on Friday, it was nearing mid-eighties at noon. We were just thankful there was no rain, like years passed.
It was a peaceful time. No hurries, no worries (except about well-being of goats). Of course we wanna go next year. There's something about Cape Disappointment that keeps drawing us back.

No comments:

Post a Comment