Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Friday, May 11, 2012

No more bottles!

My baby girls came running out to me this a.m.--"Where's my bottle?"I had to ignore their pleas, they are big girls now!
Even Arabella, who is usually not one for jumping on the fence, did just that to ask me why I wouldn't give her a bottle.
I caught Star in mid-sentence as she yelled at me!
They gave up and started walking back to the barn. . . I called to them and this was the look I got.
Star's attempt to eat my camera. I guess she figures if she can't have the bottle, she'll take whatever she can get!

I felt really, really bad. Like the time when Nina was a baby and I let her cry herself to sleep for the first time. Like something you know you gotta do, but would rather just give them what they want because you don't wanna see them struggle. To top it off, the girls were eating the feed I put down for the chickens to scratch and I don't want them getting full on "candy", so I broke out the water hose and hosed down the chicken feed (goats won't eat dirty, wet food--I hoped) and whatever goat was in the path. That didn't help the fact that they were already upset with me! (BTW, hosing down the chicken food did work, they won't touch it now, but the chickens still will.) I can hear them crying for their bottle every now and again, but then when I stick my head out the door, they are eating their alfalfa. I know they'll be fine, but damn. . . no one told me that raising goats was like raising human kids! It's like wearing your heart on your sleeve, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment