Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Homeschooling!

I have decided that next school year will be a home-schooled year. I can't deal with the public schools anymore, especially in regards to Dominic's elementary school. I feel like they are always trying to squeeze me out and raise my kid. Atop that, Dominic is just not thriving like he did when I home-schooled him the year before. I don't think I had it down perfect, on how to school him, but I do feel I achieved a more well-rounded year that centered on his style of learning. He was quite the difficult child to teach, being that he absolutely hates learning, but I know that he absorbed more at home than he does in public school. Nina, on the other hand, thrives either way, but begs me to be home-schooled. She'll be at an eighth grade level next year and except for math (merely because I hate math), she will be a breeze to home-school. I hope.

If homeschooling is in their future, then so should some extra-curricular activities. For Nina, dance is one. For Dominic, I want to put him into YMCA. And for both of them, I am looking into 4H. There's some cool stuff in 4H, like a Robotics Club for Dominic and Leadership for Nina. My personal struggle is I am a homebody and it gets hard for me to leave the house every Tuesday at such n such a time, like Nina's weekly dance schedule. She has three classes now and possibly four next dance year! Then I will have to take Dominic to YMCA weekly and their 4H activities I am sure will be also routine. . . I am NOT good at that stuff! So prayers my way, please, that I will be a better, more adventurous-out-of-the-house-mom.

I know homeschooling is what God calls me to do for so many more reasons than what I have babbled on about already, but it is a challenge regardless. Just cause God calls you to do something does not make the task easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment