Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Hard Workin' Day!

So today was a butt-bustin' day. . . Although (above) is a picture of Nina looking all chillaxin', she's actually taking a break from the pic below (see the dirt smudge on her cheek? That's from her hard work!). We had a literal ton of dirt in the back of the pick-up that I needed for my garden, to make mounds for various squashes. Nina and I unloaded the entire truck, then set out to make 64 mounds in four rows. We then planted spaghetti squash, summer squash, zucchini, sugar pumpkins, and. . . I think that's it.
Ain't nuthin' lazy about this chickie!
Dominic was set on his own task of collecting every rock out of the garden. His goal was one thousand rocks because mom is paying him two cents a rock. He worked really hard for several days to do this. . . I may have to surprise him and pay five cents a rock. He hasn't finished counting them, but I have a feeling he may have hit his mark.
And while we were hard at work, I caught a glimpse of these two lolly-gagging around!
Go fig!
Watering the finished product. All that I have left to do in the garden is plant some bush peas on the back fence, mulch and continue weeding. The work never really ends. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment