Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Friday, May 18, 2012

At a glimpse, around the yard.

We did our first mow of the season and well, the riding lawnmower had been broken, so we mowed a little late and this was the resulting grass that Dominic raked up. Now we don't know what to do with it! The bummer about living outside city limits is you don't get a yard waste trash can. So what are we supposed to do with our yard waste???
My grapes are kickin' off well. . . That birdhouse is housing a family of sparrows.
This is my strawberry plant that keeps on truckin'. It needs transplanting, there's weeds growing out of it, and it's often forgotten when watering. But yet it thrives, so why mess with a good thing?
Scott mowing, while Dominic spots him--looking for rocks.
I have this huge, ancient, charcoal bbq grill that I filled with dirt and every year I plant stuff in it. Dominic and I opened it for the first time this season and this was who we found! Dominic swears that this is the same frog he found three years ago and kept for a little while as a pet.
You never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment