Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Friday, June 7, 2013

That's my girl!

 So. . . Nina got an invitation from school called the Evening of Excellence. It was an award ceremony, but she was not told what award she would be receiving. So we went out of sheer curiosity. (Just kidding.) Come to find out, she was awarded Student of the Year for Art! I bragged to her that she's only good at art cause she has me for a mother. (Just kidding, again!) Actually, truth be told, Scott was the one who won awards in high school for his art. So either way, it's in her genes! The teacher who awarded her said that Nina was innovative, creative, and was a joy to watch. She said some other really cool things, but I was so excited, I forgot what she was saying. 
 Here's a picture of Nina with one of her best buds, Shawnee. Nina doesn't like pictures, so she always makes a face. I wish she would just realize that it's a parent's moment just as much as her moment and all I ask for is decent pictures!
 Another good friend of Nina's, Jason. He won a Music award.
 Nina with Kaitlyn and Mariah. All of them soaking in their glory.
 Sorry, but you'll have to tilt your head for this picture. . . (can't get the computer to save it the right way.) This is Ms. Echtele, the teacher that awarded Nina. She was telling Nina how much she will enjoy high school art. And that she's gonna drop Nina's name and let them know how great a student she is!
Sorry, gotta tilt your head again. . . here's Nina with the goods. We are very proud of her. I hope she loves art as much as her father and I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment