Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Our 17th Anniversary!

Saturday was me and Scotty's 17th wedding anniversary! We had made plans to do something extravagant, but life happened and we settled for Plan B: a trip to Millersylvannia State Park with the kids. We had a picnic: Scott's favorite spiral pasta salad (with sausage, olives, smoked cheddar cheese, and tomatoes all tossed with italian dressing) and a yummy chocolate cream pie (I used goat's milk, of course!). 
 After the picnic, Scott and D tossed a line into the lake for fun. 
 There was heavy debate between D and Nina as to whether or not this was a bullfrog or a frog. I chose not to get involved. What do you think?
 Then there was the tadpole that was huge!
 D was really hoping to catch something. We just didn't have the right tackle stuff.
 We went on the trails for a little walk. And no trail walking is complete until you get a full moon!
 The kids fought for half the trail. I was so fed up with them. But then like a switch was thrown, they started getting along. What the heck???
 D claimed this branch as his own. 
 Dominic looks so tiny!
 I finally got a picture of Nina. She spends so much time avoiding the camera, or making faces at it. 
 Scott's favoritest living creature. . . 
 Dominic started playing in the shadows of the sun. He says this is a chicken.
It was a good time. After the park, we ditched the kids and Scott and I ran a couple errands then out to dinner at our little hole-in-the-wall mexican restaurant: La Tarasca's. 
The last 17 years have been the time of my life. I couldn't have chosen anyone better than Scott. We're not perfect, we don't have the perfect life, but we are perfect for each other. I can't wait for the next 17 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment