Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

It's been a long time, baby!

 Hello all! I know it's been awhile, huh??? I have been up to my ears in living! I/We have been, busy, busy, busy in a wonderful way. It's been great! First, I want to report about, and show off, my garden. Scott gave me raised beds this year and it looks amazing. I've noticed that I have less weeds and with the mushroom compost garden soil I am using, the veggies are really taking off. I am growing green beans, watermelon, zucchini, summer squash, sugar pumpkins, sweet meat (another type of squash), beets, cucumbers, broccoli, cabbage, and carrots. Every morning, after I feed the goats and give them their morning rubdowns, I walk the garden and pick the baby weeds that are sprouting. By doing this everyday, I am keeping the weeds to a minimum. In the blank spaces of the garden, we placed giant pots and put dahlias, a Japanese maple tree, and hydrangea in the pots. We worked hard on putting it all together and it's paying off.
 I have been milking Frankie since end of March, but her milk production really slowed down the last few weeks. I am only getting three cups a day--on a good day. So I said forget it and now I am drying her up. It's just not worth the grain and udder wipes to milk out that little. In the Fall, all the girls will be bred and next Spring, I will have THREE goats to milk!
 June 18th, my cousin, Ammee, had a baby boy. Michael weighed in at 6lbs, 9 ozs (just like Nina). We got to visit him when he was just a couple days old. He is such a blessing. I loved holding him!
We went to visit my G'pa and G'ma recently because 1) we haven't seen them in forever and 2) G'pa isn't doing so great. He's got problems with his arteries "clogging" up and he's been in and out of the hospital a lot over the last few weeks because of trouble breathing. To me, it's getting to a scary point where I wonder how much longer he will be with us. Please pray for him!

So much more has been going on. . .we are preparing for Nina's 8th grade graduation Milk and Cookie Party this Sunday. We will be attending a Rainier's game this next Tuesday. 4th of July, we have some great people coming over. And I am still running, preparing for my Color Me Rad race in August. There's other stuff I am sure I am forgetting, but right now I just know I love life and am enjoying the smallest moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment