Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Friday, March 23, 2012

They are home!

Today was another busy day at our place. Scott and Joe took down chicken fencing, put up temporary gates, a permanent gate, goat feed, and a heating lamp. And we clipped chicken wings. Then we went shopping for the goats. Finally, we went and got the doelings in Eatonville! Star and Arabella are adorable! Melissa, despite her busy day, took the time to show me hoof trimming and bottle feeding. They got their mineral shot and we whisked them off from Left Foot Farm to our place, The Little Red House Farm.
I hung out with the baby girls until I absolutely had to come in and start thinking about dinner for the humans. Then I headed back out there to feed them their dinner! Star can eat; no, let me rephrase: she inhales! Arabella tho is being timid and wouldn't drink her bottle. She wanted to be held, but not fed. I'm not going to freak out because she skipped dinner; she did eat before we left Left Foot Farm, so she's not starving. I will begin to worry if she doesn't eat breakfast. From what I have read, it is kinda normal for Arabella to not eat right away. She's just been moved from her home to a scary new place and she's unsure of everything, so. . . we will have to see what tomorrow holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment