Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fencing was MOSTLY put up.



Saturday, the 3rd of March, was spent putting in T posts and fencing. I, of course, did it in style: when Scott snagged his red t-shirt on the fence, I ripped the t-shirt hemline the rest of the way and adorned my beautiful forehead with it! Wa-lah! Scott said I looked like an indian. I said, well, I am a drop of Oto. He said, you dork.

ANYhow. . . T posts were easy to put in, a little too easy. When something is too easy, we get nervous, like we don't deserve a good thing? What up with that? Then the fencing went in just as easy. We still need to go back and reinforce it with ties. And we need to build the gate that we are putting up in the middle. Scott said that should be as easy as the T posts, lol! Now, just as a FYI. . . we are not professional gate-makers, so of course it isn't perfect! But it's up!

We rethought as to where we are putting the goats; originally, they were going to be on the right side of the yard. But then a couple factors came into play: one, I can't see my babies from the house! Two, the bigger plan of someday having more goats would mean that we would have to eventually move the layout anyways, sooooooo. . . we went ahead and did it now. Instead of having 940 square feet, they now have 1650 square feet! Which leaves room for a couple more girls, later down the road. If I get the hang of the two, first! Oh, and the chickens will be co-habitating with the goats.

So that is that. We did our best. Scott asked me if I was happy, to which I replied I was. I have been putting so much down on paper and "what-if-ing", that it's nice to see it in motion. I like getting my hands dirty and putting what I was thinking into action!

No comments:

Post a Comment