Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Thursday, February 16, 2012



I'd like to introduce you to my dogs, Angel (the black lab) and Truffle (the mini poodle). They are my source of much laughter, as they are cheap entertainment! Angel is over six years old and Truffle is my baby at seven months old. We often call her Trouble because she's always up to something. It's like having an eighteen month old in the house! She chews on everything, I find the most interesting things in her mouth that she's carrying around (getting ready to chew on). I think the latest was a dryer sheet. I am constantly on the look out around the house for what Truffle can get into. But she's so sweet and cuddly. She knows when I'm upset and has climbed in my lap to lick my tears (which I didn't let her do since she has eaten cat "truffles" in the past--a habit which I quickly and hopefully broke her of). She is so funny with Angel and loves to play with anything, including the cats. She's all puppy!

Angel is my old girl. She is set in her ways, doesn't care much for Truffle's constant play unless it's on her terms and then she pushes Truffle around like a rag doll (Truffle loves it). They are a span of 58 pounds versus 7 pounds. Angel had issues when she was a puppy and for months she would only eat from our hands and drink water when we weren't looking. She often flinched and to this day she's not crazy about small spaces. But she is super-dog friendly and has a boyfriend named Mac. Angel is a lover and loves to rest her head on our laps. She's all lab with the chickens; she's killed two and I know I will have to keep a weary eye on her with my goats. I'm not worried about Truffle, but Angel I will watch like a hawk.

No comments:

Post a Comment