Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Babies!

This is a picture, courtesy of Left Foot Farm, of a buck and doeling born to Dreamer on February 10th. The buck is the all black with the white top and the doeling is MINE. Well, so far! (I gotta pay for the sweet thing.) The other doeling I am hoping for was born to Jingle on February 13th. She is all black. In fact, she kinda looks like this buck, lol! If I get her, I will post pictures later.

Dreamer was bred to Jester, a Chenango-Hill buck. Both dam and sire are fine specimens and I am really lucky to have acquired their baby. Apparently, Chenango-Hill goats are well-known for their conformation and udder size--if I am saying this right. In layman's terms, they produce great milkers and win lots of shows for their good looks/body shape. Dreamer is already a winner in milk production, so I am super-excited to see what this little doeling can do!

Emotionally, I am so wound up to get these gals. I am really pouring my heart and soul into this endeavor. I am constantly going back and forth about my ability to do this. I know I can, but the fear creeps in that I'm not good enough. Instead of letting it get me down, as Fear would like to do, I am taking this as a challenge to show Fear who's boss!

No comments:

Post a Comment