Welcome to my side of the fence. . .

Welcome to my side of the fence. . . Here you will
enjoy some good laughs, maybe some frustrations,
and hopefully (if I'm a good enough writer), a few tears.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

What a work out!

 I am sore. My muscles I didn't even know I had are sore. I ache. My eyelids are aching. I officially worked-out today and not in a traditional manner. No, no. . . whereas most people are enjoying a traditional jog ("enjoying" may not necessarily be the word, lol) or jumping on their elliptical, I "enjoyed" digging the world's longest trench with Scotty. We've dug a 115 foot trench to bury our electricity in--for the barn. (Remember, at my house, it's usually all about the goats.) We decided not to dig the traditional two-foot-deep trench and instead we dug deep enough to bury the wire in conduit.  
Scott thought "smarter-and-not-harder" and broke out the rototiller. My gosh, that helped because I had dug about 15-20 feet in the hard dirt and I was pooped. I had to catch my second wind and then I went to town digging while Scott ran the rototiller. (We make a great team, don't we?) The purpose in running electricity to the barn is to have a light (duh) and an outlet to plug in the heater that my babies will need to stay warm this winter. We are running out of time to get this done since Scott leaves on Wednesday for two weeks. Ay yay, the work never ends. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment